Eight Gifts to buy a Diver
Long suffering dive partners will already know that we spend too much money on our kit! But what do you buy a diver for their birthday or for any other celebration? This list will give you some ideas, and I’ve deliberately steered clear of anything practical that we might actually need! These are things most divers would like, but which are non essential.
- Glow Sticks. These glow green when snapped underwater and can provide some interesting, and eerie effects in a cave.
- Citizen diver’s watch. Instant badge of recognition for divers on land, especially the one with the expanding rubber strap.
- Laser pointer. Yes, you can buy underwater laser pointer’s now, to show your buddies what you’re looking at.
- Buzzer or sub duck. This is a device attached to a low pressure hose, and is used for making a sound to attract attention – much cooler than a rattle.
- iDive. A waterproof case and headphones for iPod, rated to 100 meters!
- Headlamp. Great for cave and wreck divers as it leaves hand free to collect all the booty!
- Hewee. Enables a male diver to wee while in a drysuit!
- SMB inflator. No more messing around with the octopus, the inflator has a narrow point and button to make inflating anything easy.
Can you add anything to this list? If so, let me know in comments.